- Own golf in a pretty good shape 🙂
- What a links experience during the past couple of days! Ballybunion, Lahinch and Doonbeg. Lots of rain and wind. Lost balls, great shots, couple of birdies and even an eagle.
- One of the most fruitful customer meetings at Lahinch, great advice and insights from Donal.
- Birdietime team back home giving support online when most needed. Thanks guys!
- Biz strategy getting clearer – a clear vision of what to do and what not to do.
- Hotel Teach de Broc at Ballybunion. What a great service, lovely food and a breathtaking location. I spent a couple evenings with the owners and promised to come back very soon. The lady in charge even arranged me a business meeting for one evening. 🙂 Even met a OC star Peter Callagher at the hotel, a true golfer!
- When you discover competitors in business, you often wonder: Why we did not see them earlier? Are they better than us? Should we close our business and think of something else? Or is this just a sign that we are onto something? These feelings are regular, and keep you humble and focused.
- Homesickness. Miss my family a lot.
- Hotel life. I have stayed in hotels for way too many days, weeks and months, maybe even year(s). Next time, I will go for Airbnb with an own kitchen; makes you feel more at home. I’ve seen way too many club sandwiches and burgers on this trip (though very good ones but enough is enough :))
I still have a few days left visiting different clubs and several meetings (6) with pros. Then home. Finally… At least for a while before heading back.
Founder & Chief Golf Officer of Birdietime.